I’ve noticed a lot of blogs have a posting like this, so I decided to share some weird and wacky things that you might not know about me.
1. I love sushi but I don’t eat fish. Maybe it’s from growing up on Georgian Bay and eating way too much trout and perch as a kid, but I will not eat anything that comes from the water. Luckily, there are a lot of “non-fishy” items in sushi restaurants such as soup, avocado, salad and curried chicken.
2. I am left-handed but if I’m eating popcorn or chips, I have to eat them with my right hand. Go figure. I can’t eat with a fork in my right hand though.
3. I was an opera singer in a past life. Don’t laugh. A psychic told me that.
4. I was an egg donor 3 times. The first couple did not get pregant but there are 2 egg babies of mine out there in the world besides my own 3 children.
5. I was married and divorced twice. I have now reached my quota on government-sanctioned relationships and won’t be getting married again in this lifetime.
6. My ideal day means sleeping in, taking a bubble bath, reading for hours and going for a long walk with my iPod cranked. I listen to everything from Sara Evans to Seether.
7. I have a Mensa-level IQ but never joined because I don’t want to be that much of a geek. I’m still a geek though. I read science magazines for fun. Sheldon Cooper is my hero.
8. If I weren’t a writer, I would be a lawyer or an actor/singer. Or a music producer: I can pick a hit song like crazy. And American Idol winners.
9. My favourite colours are purple and green.
10. I am Canadian, eh. Hence all the extra “u”s in favourite and colours.